Jessica O'Shannassy - Nurse Practitioner
My experience as a Registered Nurse spans 12 years and was primarily within diabetes and paediatrics. Over this time working with people affected by diabetes inspired me to become a Diabetes Educator to assist those to live happier and healthier lives.
After some time I became aware of just how much diabetes affects the day to day living of people that are diagnosed and decided there was a need for a more complete and specialised nursing service in this area. As such I undertook further training to become a qualified Nurse Practitioner, allowing me to provide a more holistic nursing service including prescribing of medications, diabetes education and ordering pathology/diagnostics testing.
Navigating your way around the medical and allied health world can be overwhelming, non-personable, time consuming and very costly. I decided to become a Nurse Practitioner to assist people with diabetes by offering a cost-effective, personable, safe and specialised service.
Training & Qualifications
Certified Academic Qualifications:
- Master of Nursing Practice, Nurse Practitioner, Deakin University, Victoria.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Practice (Paediatrics), Melbourne University, Victoria
- Postgraduate Certificate in Diabetes Education and Health Care, Mayfield Education, Victoria
- Advanced Diabetes Management (Exercise), Deakin University, Victoria
- Bachelor of Nursing, University of Ballarat, Victoria
Other Relevant Information:
- ADEA – Credentialled Diabetes Educator
- Endorsed Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Immuniser Program